IMDEV RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Jl. Kakatua II No. 114, 2nd Floor Makassar 90133
Telephone : 0411-5719620
IMDEV research institute begin at 1998, when we are study at Faculty of social and political science of Hasanuddin University. At the time, our activities as a mainboard in Faculty senate, student repsentative council, and studen association. With solidarity we think out to make a disscussion group/cultural oranzation, cause we have scientific potencial and various of discourse, beside that, we are in the Indonesian reform situation which have so many issues and agenda, and we have to make disscussion with various perpective about it.Accordng the situation, we make ” Tangga Group Disscussion”, we choose “Tangga” we always assemble there, one of place in Faculty of social and political science. Since that, we always make weekly disscussion with recent topic especially about transition of demokrasy in Indonesia.
In 1999, mayority of our group disscussion involved outside campus activities like seminary, research workshop and volunteer for monitorig process in general election, held by UNFREL, KIPP and also FOREK (Rector Forum).
From 2000, we found an idea to make our group discussion formally, it is important to make a formal institute to organize vision and goals. Then we establisehed study institute for monitoring and evaluation, short as imdev, an institute to discuss, monitoring and evaluate about transition of democracy in indonesia. Eventhough we haven’t, make notarial document yet, but we have a formal board. Beside that, we already involve to research activity or workshop, both held by study research centre of Hasanuddin University and also local NGOs, like :
1. Research “Developing Pulau Sembilan area as maritime tourism, Sinjai, held by Terumbu karang Study Centre, Hasanuddin University, 2001.
2. Research “Third Amandement of constitution 1945, Bone, held by Hasanuddin University And Indonesian Legislative Assembly,2001.
From 2003, IMDEV still as an study institute, involve to research activity with :
1. Research “Community preparation for general election 2004” held by ICEA (Institute For Civic Education and Advocacy), march 2003.
2. Voter Education For Women, Bulukumba, held by ICEA (Institute For Civic Education and Advocacy) and Bulukumba Government, April 2003.
3. Research “Investment climate for industrial in autonomy area and increase attraction of regency/city investment, Bulukumba, held by KPPOD (Committe Monitoring For Autonomy Area Implement) and Asia Foundation.
4. Research “Poverty Index in makassar”, held by KEDASI Institute and Provinsi Government of South Celebes,2003.
5. Research “The broadning partisipation of national security sboth to informal workers and to poor community, to support the bill of national security system, Makassar, held by vice President Secretary, May 2004.
6. Research “The difference salary based on gender : Carrier expectation and family life, Makassar, held by J. Utomo, Iriene, Doctoral candidate of Australia National University, May to June 2004.
7. Observer of Legislative election, President Election part I and II, as a process of general election in Indonesia, Makassar, Held by CETRO INDONESIA, 2004.
8. Research “Indonesian President in the making”, Makassar, held by Soegeng Sardjadi Syndicate and Centre For Political Studies, Agust 2004.
9. Reseach “Indonesian Election 2004 : Final Round”, makassar held by Soegeng Sardjadi Syndicate and Centre For Political Studies, September 2004.
And finally, after the all main board graduate from University, than we change the name and status of IMDEV, from study institute to research institute, independent and
professional, we realize that we needed specific institute to explain our capacities and experiences. The change status,also need to improve research with a complex range, and 24th December 2004, we make Notariat Document.
IMDEV RESEARCH INSTITUTE
IMDEV is an independent institution for research, studies and objective analysis toward social problems. IMDEV Research Institute is orienting on economy, politic, law and socio cultural for the improvement of society’s welfare ness. IMDEV is always opening a space for cooperation with individuals or other institutions that also focusing on society’s welfare ness, both private and public institution such as government, education institution and civil organizations.IMDEV research institute noterial document at 24th December 2004 No : 23, by Noctariat office Djeniati DJ. Hendarto, SH, with Law Ministery of Indonesia Republic recommendent No : C-835.HT. 03.01-1999, 5 Apriel 1999, addres Office S. Saddang baru street No.50, Makassar city. IMDEV research institute have registered at region office general Directory of tax region Sout celebes and middle east celebes with NPWP : 02.469.850.8-805.000. No.Giro Rekening : 0097903918, Bank Negara Indonesia Regional Office of Makassar. Address Office of IMDEV Research Institute at Kakatua II street No. 114, 2nd Floor, Makassar 90133 No. Telp. 0411 571 9620 Fax. 0411 – 586 039 Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia. E-mail : Imdevmakassar@yahoo.com
“Provide information, data base and accurate and objective analysis in policy formulation for public and private institutions”.
1. To carry out research on social, politic, economy, law and cultural problems.
2. To publicizing the result of researches
3. To develop an alternative models or concepts for policy formulation.
1. Carry out both qualitative and quantitative research on social, politic, economy, law and cultural problems
2. Strategic issues studies
3. Public consultations
4. Collecting data
To cover we are vision and mission, IMDEV Research Institute consisted of three divisions which each division is lead by deputy director. Deputies in each divisions are; Deputy Director of Socio Cultural Division, Deputy Director of Politic and Law Division, and Deputy Director of Socio Economy Division, with authority :
Deputy Director of Socio Cultural
1. conduct studies and research on ethnography
2. conduct studies and research on maritime society’s culture
3. conduct studies and research on contemporary culture
Deputy Director of Politic and Law Division;
1. Conduct studies and research on performance and impact of public policy
2. Conduct studies and research on government programs
3. Public policy data base
4. Conduct studies and research on bureaucracy performance
5. Conduct studies and research on civil society and democratization
6. Conduct studies and research on society political behavior
7. Conduct studies and research on gender in politic and government
Deputy Director if Socio Economy;
1. Conduct studies and research on Human Development Index
2. Conduct studies and research on the development of society based economy
3. Conduct studies and research on the affect of globalization and free market in the Third World Countries
4. Conduct studies and research on poverty
DOCUMENTATION OF IMDEV PROGRAM
1. Social Survey about “Makassar Mayor’s Job. This is an Independent survey, held by IMDEV and AcSi. Makassar, December 2004 to January 2005. The purposes are draw attention to policies that has been done or doing by the Mayor of Makassar. All People in Makasara with 17 years old as a population. Sampling about 100 respondent, with 3,1% margin error and 95% trust level. Input and data analyze used SPSS Program.
2. Survey “Knowledge, Attitude and Behavior of Cocoa Farmer in Sulawesi” Part I, Held by IMDEV, OSC and ACDIVOCA Sponsored by USAID. in 4 provinces in Celebes Island, South Sulawesi, West Sulawesi, Central Sulawesi and Southeast Sulawesi, April 2005. The population of this research is cacao farmer both member and non-member of Field School. From all the farmer population in above 4 provinces, only 1000 respondents will be covered as sample. Chosen sample will be divided into two groups; 1) farmers that have joined Farmer Field School 25% of the samples and 2) farmers that have never join Farmer Field School with total amount is 75 of the samples. With total respondents is 1000 farmers, the margin error of this research is ± 3,1% and 95% level of liability. Input and data analyze used SPSS Program.
3. Survey “Knowledge, Attitude and Behavior of Cocoa Farmer in Sulawesi” Part II, Held by IMDEV, OSC and ACDIVOCA Sponsored by USAID. in 4 provinces in Celebes Island, South Sulawesi, West Sulawesi, Central Sulawesi and Southeast Sulawesi, October 2005. The population of this research is cacao farmer both member and non-member of Field School. From all the farmer population in above 4 provinces, only 1000 respondents will be covered as sample. Chosen sample will be divided into two groups; 1) farmers that have joined Farmer Field School 25% of the samples and 2) farmers that have never join Farmer Field School with total amount is 75 of the samples. With total respondents is 1000 farmers, the margin error of this research is ± 3,1% and 95% level of liability. Input and data analyze used SPSS Program.
4. Survey “The Influence of Formalin and Other Preservative, and the Risk for Food and for Developng Law – Middle Bussiness in Makassar. Held by IMDEV and Cooperation and Law – Middle Bussiness Depertement – South Sulawesi Provinsi, Makassar, January to February 2006. the purposes are knowing the influence of formalin and other preservative issues to decline income of law and middle bussinessman that identify used it for their product like Tofu, MeathBall, Noodle and Fish. All of law and middle bussinessmean in Makassar who used formalin and preservative for their product as a population. Sampling about 318 respondent with the proportional sampling area, 5,5% margin of error and 95% turst level. Input and data analize used spss program.
5. Local Governance Support Program (LGSP) is a program for supporting local governance intended to increase local government capacity which funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The aim of this program is to introduce efficient, transparent and accountable governance in several selected province in Indonesia. The program is capacity developing for not only for local government but also for civil society organization and media. This program covers aspect of planning and budgeting, local government management, public service, management and resource mobilization and participative governance. This study conducted in Palopo City from 15-19 May 2006. Assessment conducted by depth interview with key informants which identified before in first focus group discussion. Total number of key informants interviewed is 20 persons from vary government boards, NGO, Media, Judicative, Police, Business Organization (GAPENSI), KPUD, Legislative and boards/sections of Palopo government. Focus group discussion conducted for verification and data validation. This FGD conducted in three stages, first stage held on 15 May 2006, head of BAPPEDA, Secretary of BAPPEDA, Head Bidang Sosial Budaya dan Ekonomi BAPPEDA, Head of Bidang FISPRA BAPPEDA and Head of Bidang Pemerintahan were participated. This FGD is to collect/identify information about key respondents/informants, their addresses and actual government issues in Palopo.